How Custom Cabinets Can Transform Your Home
Kitchens used to be tucked away in homes – a room that was kept out of sight of guests. Now, they are one of the most important areas of the home, with many families spending a large majority of their time there. Upgrading your kitchen with custom cabinets is one of the easiest ways to add a classy and professional look to one of your favorite rooms in your home.
Choosing custom kitchen cabinets has many advantages over buying stock cupboards. Most notably, they are:
- Built to Last: Custom cabinets are handmade by skilled craftsman, using only the highest quality materials – not mass-produced in a factory.
- Built for Your Space: Your kitchen can be designed for your needs and cabinets are built to develop your vision. Irregular spaces or unusual layouts don’t present a problem to custom cabinets as they do to stock cupboards.
- Customizable to Your Preferences – There is either no or a very limited option for customization with off-the-shelf cabinets. When you design your own kitchen cabinets, you have total control over every aspect of the final kitchen cupboards; from colour, size and finish to additional add-ons like glass shelving or pull out drawers.
Nothing is premade with custom cabinets and a client’s imagination is the only limitation when it comes to the design, construction and finish of the final product. Some ideas include:
- Sleek and colorful lacquered wood cabinets give your kitchen an edge and boldness. Don’t be scared to experiment with colours.
- Stainless steel custom cabinets are starting to appear more in modern kitchens. Historically used in commercial applications, the sleek, angular look of stainless steel appeals to many and gives a breath of fresh air to your home.
- Shaker cabinets will continue to be a traditional cabinet style that resonates with many people. Shaker cabinets are associated with quality craftsmanship and result in a clean and orderly look.
- Inset cabinets are a timeless look that will withstand fads and trends. The hallmark of inset custom cabinets is that they lie flush with the frame of the cabinets, rather than laying on top of the frame.
- Decorative molding and beaded board can be incorporated into your kitchen cabinet design to pay homage to an earlier time. Be careful not to overdo this particular theme as it can make your space appear outdated.
- Distressed wood cabinets are also a popular choice in kitchens that lean toward a rustic feel.
Don’t forget – you are not limited to only one style of cabinets in your kitchen. The great thing about custom cabinetry is you can mix and match styles to create the perfect design that fits your vision.
With Omega Homes as your custom home builder, we can help you turn your dream kitchen into reality and your house into a home!
Get in touch with us today to begin building your dream home.